Kiddush fountains are the perfect gift for use on Shabbat and Jewish holidays. The Kiddush is the blessing said over wine on Friday night in order to sanctify the Sabbath. The Kiddush blessing is said after the blessing over the candles and before the hand washing and Challah blessings. The Kiddush prayer thanks G-d for his creations, referring to G-d as 'he who creates the fruit of the vine.'
A Kiddush fountain is composed of one central silver Kiddush cup to use for the blessing and several Kiddush cups used for guests. The Kiddush wine fountain allows for the main Kiddush cup to pour wine into six to nine additional cups. Kiddush fountains are a great Judaica item to buy for your Jewish home or for friends for a housewarming gift.
Kiddush fountains serve as a convenient way to serve guests wine after the Kiddush blessing is said. It is customary to have family and friends over for the joyous Shabbat meal. The Kiddush wine fountain would be an ideal present for a Jewish wedding so the newlyweds can make use of it when they host guests for Shabbat dinner.
The Kiddush fountain set can come in silver and gold colours and is often made of sterling silver, pewter, or metal materials. Many Kiddush fountains feature a Jerusalem design. Popular Kiddush fountains display the Kiddush blessing in Hebrew.
When browsing through World of Judaica's selection of Kiddush fountains, check out our Kiddush Cups for sale and Washing Cups to insure that you have a lovely Shabbat set for your family and friends to honour this special day.
The mitzvah of Kiddush is the subject of considerable debate in traditional Jewish texts such as the Talmud. Those discussions established that there is a commandment, or Mitzvah, of making a blessing over a cup of wine that indicates the separation between the status of the regular work day and that of Shabbat and holidays at the beginning and end of those days.
In addition to this, it is common for numerous people to be present at Shabbat and holiday meals, which creates the situation in which a large number of people must drink of some of the wine used during Kiddush. Kiddush fountains are items which developed in order to help make this process simple.
What is a Kiddush Fountain?
Kiddush Fountains are Judaica items that are used to dispense the wine used when making Kiddush to all present. Kiddush fountains consist of a large Kiddush Cup, a fountain with approximately eight holes and an equal number of small cups. The number of small cups is flexible and can be as many eleven or even eighteen, but they always match the number of holes in the fountain. Kiddush fountains also come with a large tray that has a matching design and has several small feet along its outer edge.
Kiddush fountains can be made of several different materials although they are typically made of sterling silver or lacquered wood. Other metals such as nickel and pewter are sometimes used as is ceramic. Glass is typically not used in the actual foundtain although the small cups may be stained glass or glass that is painted with Judaica items.
Kiddush fountains are typically engraved with Judaica items that are related to Kiddush, such as grape clusters the end of the blessing made over the cup of wine, “Boreh Pri HaGefen”, “He who creates the fruit of the vine.” Other common decorations include Jerusalem, the seven species, animals, roses, floral patterns and cords. In addition, the cups may be engraved on the inside with Kabbalistic texts that features anagrams of Hebrew words as well as the names of angels and G-d.
For More Information
- Silver Plated Wine Set with 8 Cups and JerusalemSpecial Price $161.10
- Silver Plated Kiddush Fountain with Diamonds, Grapevines and Raised TraySpecial Price $108.00
- Kiddush Wine Fountain Set - Rivers of EdenSpecial Price $125.10
- Kiddush Fountain with 8 Colorful Cups by Nadav ArtSpecial Price $1,260.00
- Kiddush Fountain with 8 Cups in Anodized Colorful Aluminum by Nadav ArtSpecial Price $1,152.00
- Kiddush Fountain in Aluminum with Eight Cups Blue TonesSpecial Price $116.10
- Eight Cup Aluminium Kiddush FountainSpecial Price $1,011.60
- Anodized Aluminum Kiddush Fountain By Yair Emanuel - Rainbow$172.00 Special Price $129.60
- Kiddush Fountain with 8 Cups in Anodized Aluminum by Nadav ArtSpecial Price $1,035.00
- Kiddush Fountain with 10 Cups in Anodized Aluminum by Nadav ArtSpecial Price $1,260.00
- Set of 10 Kiddush Cups in Colorful Anodized Aluminum with Tray by Nadav ArtSpecial Price $1,218.60
- Yair Emanuel 8-Cup Wine Fountain With Hammered Design$221.00 Special Price $215.10
- Kiddush Fountain in Aluminum with Eight Wine CupsSpecial Price $155.70
- Kiddush Fountain Eight Wine Cups in Aluminum Blue & SilverSpecial Price $116.10